A Zero-Waste Wedding
As wedding vendors are trying to be more eco-conscious, sustainable wedding ideas are
A green wedding can combine gorgeous details minimizing your event’s carbon footprint!
Small changes on your wedding day can have a great environmental impact. Here are some ideas on how to have a beautiful, stylish yet eco-friendly wedding!
- Choose reusable glasses than single-use-plastic ones. It will certainly look much more elegant and not
burden the environment. Use stylish glass and bamboo straws instead of
the normal plastic ones.
- Τossing rice or confetti is a big tradition on a greek wedding day. Follow
the tradition and be more environmentally-friendly with outstanding alternatives such as
green leaves, dried flowers, and rose petals. Get ready for some stunning wedding
pictures as you walk out of the church!
- Rent linen napkins instead of disposable ones, and create an elegant, zero-waste dinner table.
- Donate your flowers and dinner left-overs. There are many organizations or groups that can help
you with that. Otherwise, arrange for them to be given to your friends and family!
- Use planted pots and succulents for your décor. You may offer them as a gift to your guests after
the celebration. They are a great keep-sake and at the same time, you achieve the “flower look” without wasting a thing.
- Shop locally – this way you limit your event’s carbon footprint, you avoid international shipping fees and extra packaging waste!
- Serve a vegan wedding meal. The Mediterranean cuisine has a plethora of delicious alternatives to meat that your guests can enjoy!